1. HOW CAN I OPEN AN AL’S FRANCHISE? Al’s is actively seeking highly-qualified and motivated entrepreneurs to expand our brand across America. We want to see prior business experience, the personal financial ability to complete and sustain the project, the motivation to succeed and a past track record of success. These are crucial factors we review to determine if you are strategically aligned with our goals. You have to show us that you are willing to follow our lead and be part of our family. We offer single store opportunities along with larger multi-store exclusive territories allowing our area developers to establish their business in a much broader market.
If you are interested in pursuing a single store or an area development opportunity as an Al’s franchisee, then proceed to apply. [Click here for application]. Fill out the information and we will contact you to discuss your interest.
2. HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED TO OPEN AN AL’S FRANCHISE? You need the money. There is a range of costs based on the specific project, and it will be different for most. The current average range is from $483,000 to $855,732. You need to be prepared for this amount and not think you can do it for less. The high end of these costs is typically if a larger restaurant is being built. If you are planning on financing the project, your bank will still require a minimum of 20% to 25% down, which can range from $96,600 for smaller stores to $213,933 for larger stores plus personal collateral for the amount borrowed. You can pretty much count on that as the rule. A bank will typically require a net worth of at least $400,000.
3. HOW MUCH ARE THE ROYALTIES AND OTHER FEES? The initial franchise fee is $30,000 which is included in the average cost listed above. Royalties are 6% of gross sales. Ongoing Advertising fees are 3% of gross sales.
4. HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I MAKE AS AN AL’S FRANCHISEE? Profitability depends on many factors including operating and occupancy costs, financing terms and most importantly, your ability to operate the business effectively. Federal Trade Commission rules prohibit us from discussing sales, expenses or profits. And it is simply not in anyone’s ability to accurately predict profitability. You have to have knowledge and confidence in yourself to succeed at business and that goes for your ownership of one of our stores. If anyone tries to tell you how much money you can make in any new business, you are a fool to believe them. You are going to work hard, if you are smart, and we are going to do everything we can to make sure you love it.
5. DOES AL’S OFFER FINANCING? No. However, we may be able to direct potential franchisees to sources that have provided financing to other franchisees. If you need financing to complete a franchise project with us, it is best if you explore all those financing possibilities with your bank and receive a favorable response before you move forward.
6. WHAT KIND OF TRAINING CAN I EXPECT? All new franchisees participate in a comprehensive training program in the Chicago area. This consists of a combination of class room training and real time operations and management experience. Your apprenticeship program takes place in an operational franchised location and at our corporate training center. You will be trained during the period that your restaurant is being built. Your time needs to be spent in training and learning about our business. We are looking for operators that want to learn everything they can and value the training as much as we do. Simply put; train, train train.
7. HOW IS FOOD QUALITY AND CONSISTENCY MAINTAINED? All products are delivered by our approved distributors to all franchised stores. In this manner, the high quality Al’s Beef food you enjoy in Chicago, Illinois is the same as what you will serve your customers throughout the rest of the country.
8. WHAT IS THE TYPICAL STORE SIZE, SERVICES AND MENU I WILL OFFER MY CUSTOMERS? Our typical store size is 1,800-3,200 square feet with quick service eat-in and carry-out service (some stores may have drive-thru where available). Menu items include our Famous Italian Beef, Italian sausage, hot dogs, homemade hand-cut French fries, Polish sausage, burgers and beverages.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Currently, we are not registered in the following states in the United States which regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of one of these states or wish to open a franchise in one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise until we have complied with applicable registration and disclosure requirements in your jurisdiction. Chicago Beef, Inc. 18861 90th Avenue, Suite H, Mokena, Illinois 60448 (708)478-8440. "Al’s Beef” and logo are registered trademarks of Chicago Beef, Inc. or our affiliates. All rights reserved. All information on this website is subject to revision. To validate information, please refer to the Chicago Franchise Systems, Inc. current Franchise Disclosure Document.